How Much Does a Good Conversion Van Cost?
- January 13, 2023
- Conversion Van, Custom Vans, Customer Reviews
- Posted by Alysia
- Comments Off on How Much Does a Good Conversion Van Cost?
There’s no “one-size-fits-all” conversion van. In fact, you can design a conversion van to fit practically any need, ranging from camping convenience to a mobile home to a remote workstation where you can make money from anywhere in the world.
But those different conversion options also correlate to different prices. It can be tough to know how much a good conversion van costs, especially when considering features, amenities, living space, and more.
What Affects Conversion Van Price?
Lots of things affect the cost of a conversion van, including:
- The van itself. Conversion vans can range anywhere from $1000-$100,000 in total!
- Electricity and electrical systems. Conversion and electrical systems can be anywhere from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars
- Furnishings and other materials. The more extravagant your van, the more it will cost. Furnishings and materials may cost a few hundred dollars to upwards of $2000
- A water system. Good water systems will usually cost around $600-$700 for a decent pump, plus a regular and gray water tank
- Insulation. A good conversion van will require a few hundred dollars for proper protection from the elements
- Adding a kitchen. If you want to cook in your van, you’ll want to pay at least $1000 or more for a solid conversion
- A bathroom. A quality bathroom in a conversion van will cost at least $250, but possibly even more
There are many other features to consider as well. Simply put, don’t expect to put together a good conversion van for anywhere less than $50,000, and possibly much more depending on the initial price of your van!
Let’s consider a few examples of good conversion vans and their prices.
Paul Sherry offers quality new conversion vans, like this 2021 RAM Conversion Van. It was originally designed to fit nine passengers, but it can easily be converted into a camper or home away from home. With front-wheel-drive, it’s in brand-new condition and runs nearly $90,000 upfront.
If you want to save on costs, you might consider a used conversion van. This GMC 2011 Conversion Van from Paul Sherry is just $40,000 and comes with a four-speed automatic transmission plus all-wheel-drive. While it doesn’t have as much space as the above conversion van, it’s a steal in terms of affordability and customization options.
As you can see from the above examples, you can expect to pay around $30,000-$40,000 for a good used conversion van. Expect to pay $80,000 or more for a good new conversion van. Remember, those costs don’t account for the prices of actually remodeling the van, like installing an electrical system or a bed!
Custom Ordering a Conversion Van
You should also consider the price of custom ordering a new conversion van from scratch. Custom ordering a van means you order it straight from the manufacturer, so you may receive a discount compared to what a similar vehicle would cost on a lot.
This UVL RAM ProMaster Mobility Van from Paul Sherry is a great example. It costs nearly $140,000 in addition to taxes and licensing fees. But with our specialists, you can order this van exactly to your specifications.
Our salespeople will also keep track of the van so you know when it arrives at your door and when you can expect it to be finished. Custom ordering a conversion van could be the best way to go if price is no object and you want to make sure you get the best conversion van possible.
In any case, you’ll find the ideal conversion van for your needs at Paul Sherry. Contact us today!